Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a few in and up and running, now to build some cabinets for everything. Upgraded my band saw but I had some of these in the old shop.

Also found a used Leigh D4 that I am looking forward to using, I had the porter cable before.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice Clay. I'd like to see a tool review on the glide saw. They've come down enough that I can start considering buying one.

Reactions: Stick486 and fire65

·
Premium Member
17,424 Posts
Great looking equipment Clay . In the first pic I'm really liking that vertical belt sander , as it's a size I've never seen before . It seems to have have other spindles . Does it double as a spindle sander also ?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great looking equipment Clay . In the first pic I'm really liking that vertical belt sander , as it's a size I've never seen before . It seems to have have other spindles . Does it double as a spindle sander also ?
It is like the Triton. It is an oscillating spindle sander with 5 drums and the belt attachment which also oscillates. I have only played with it so far.

·
Premium Member
19,219 Posts
That Griz band saw looks nice and large. What is it, 14-16 inch capacity? Great to get new tools, only you have a lot of tuning up to do. Didn't notice a tablesaw, do you have one or are you getting one?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great looking new tools, I know you will enjoy using them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The vertical belt sander/spindle sander looks almost 100% like the Rigid unit I have owned for several years other than the Grizzly is green and the Rigid is orange. I like the tool a lot and use it much more than I thought I would. Am curious if you have seen the Rigid unit and if they really are the same?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Griz band saw looks nice and large. What is it, 14-16 inch capacity? Great to get new tools, only you have a lot of tuning up to do. Didn't notice a tablesaw, do you have one or are you getting one?
That is s 17" band saw, I had a 14" last time. Still deciding on table saw, joiner and thickness planer.

·
Premium Member
19,219 Posts
That is s 17" band saw, I had a 14" last time. Still deciding on table saw, joiner and thickness planer.

@fire65 Before you buy a TS, be sure to look at the Laguna Fusion, which is what I have. I have a Powermatic joiner which is a ROCK, but if I had it to do over, I'd probably get the 8 inch model instead of the 6 inch. But since panels are usually made of multiple strips glued up, you just join and plane them as narrower pieces. The wider blade gives you more blade area to work with since you pull the fence forward to avoid overworking just one portion of the blade.

For the planer, I have a Makita with 2 knives, but I'd probably go for the DeWalt 735 these days. I'd probably not go for the spiral setup because I don't really do enough to warrant that.

Always fun to speculate on tool purchases. That 17 inches is a nice size.

I noticed you have the air cleaner, which is something I've been considering. Wen makes one that is just $128 and has pretty much the same power and filter setup as the Jet.

What fun to be setting up a full sized shop like that. Thanks for sharing that.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,314 Posts
Coming along nicely Clay.

Reactions: fire65
1 - 14 of 14 Posts