Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to come together now. Got the 15" Grizzly planer with spiral head. Cuts really smooth but not any better than my 20" did with new blades. I got it mainly for ease of upkeep, more expensive but no sharping and setting blades. Dust collection is very good, but it should be with a 2HP collector 10' away, just using one those long stretchy hoses for now.

In the box is a Grizzly 1023 table saw, hope to get started on it tomorrow. I had the 690 and loved it, this is basically the same saw with different drive belt and better dust collection.

Got the main work table part done also. 36" tall with 42x62 inch top. The top is 3/4" particle board glued to 3/4" AC plywood with solid banding.

Only one more tool to go, the 8" spiral head joiner. They have been on back order for a few weeks now.

Had to call in a few favors to get all this into the shop. Limited access in the rear of my shop so I had the tools dropped at a friends carpet store, then another buddy picked them up one at a time in his bobcat with rubber tracks, drove them about a mile to my house and sat them in the shop. Pays to have good friends.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Looking good Clay ;)
I wish I had the spiral head in my planer . Sure liking your work table , and am looking forward to seeing your shop evolve more

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice ! ! ! Caught my attention with "new tools" :)

I noticed your posts are on the outside...how did you attach the 2x4's...? Lapped...?

Reactions: fire65

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice ! ! ! Caught my attention with "new tools" :)

I noticed your posts are on the outside...how did you attach the 2x4's...? Lapped...?
2x4s planed down to 3" glue and screwed, so it really becomes half lapped joints. Cheap and easy, and I had to play with the new planer.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
2x4s planed down to 3" glue and screwed, so it really becomes half lapped joints. Cheap and easy, and I had to play with the new planer.

Oh, yeah... ! ! !

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,327 Posts
It will be interesting watching this shop being setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts