·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I got a remote thermometer last year for my big green egg and love it. Sure takes the guess work out of it. I used instant read thermometers before but this is way better.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not the kind of guy that can sit around watching the pit for hours. I get bored, short attention span, etc. This should help me a lot. And... there may possibly be a new pit in the works soon. I have been thinking about a Rec-Tec Grill (the mini). I have also heard a lot about the Big Green Egg.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I like the idea for a remote temp sensor. To bad my pit is too far for blue tooth. Now if they made a 5GHz wireless one I am in. I have wireless coverage out by my pit.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the Maverick ET-733. It is not Bluetooth, some other type of wireless. Says it has 300 foot range (maybe unobstructed). Works for my setup. If you are in the market for a smoker consider the Traeger line. Uses wood pellets and auto feeds. I would not own a smoker without that feature. I did not want to babysit the process. It will not replace your barbecue though. It won't put a sear on a steak. I have smoked brisket for 16 hours. Set it up, turn it on, walk away and monitor progress with your Maverick.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I am not the kind of guy that can sit around watching the pit for hours. I get bored, short attention span, etc. This should help me a lot. And... there may possibly be a new pit in the works soon. I have been thinking about a Rec-Tec Grill (the mini). I have also heard a lot about the Big Green Egg.
I'm the same way Mike. I don't know how many meals I burnt because I got sidetracked. :grin:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I can waste time w/o expending any energy or resources...
nor miss a nap in the process..

Attachments

Reactions: UlrichJ

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the Maverick ET-733. It is not Bluetooth, some other type of wireless. Says it has 300 foot range (maybe unobstructed). Works for my setup. If you are in the market for a smoker consider the Traeger line. Uses wood pellets and auto feeds. I would not own a smoker without that feature. I did not want to babysit the process. It will not replace your barbecue though. It won't put a sear on a steak. I have smoked brisket for 16 hours. Set it up, turn it on, walk away and monitor progress with your Maverick.
Thanks for the suggestion. My wife's cousin has a Rec-Tec mini pellet cooker and he loves it. He has the ET-732 model thermometer. Looks like I might be getting a free home demonstration soon! :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts