Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,205 Posts
Welcome Joe. You're lucky to have found the hobby of a lifetime while so young. Nearly all of us here have built our skills, tool collection and shops over long time periods. I wrote a long piece on the things that really helped me improve my skills, you'll find it here, titled 17 things that accelerated your learning curve.

Http://www.routerforums.com/articles/17-things-to-accelerate-your-learning-curve/

Hopefully, the information will help you avoid some pitfalls, save you some money and move you along in the hobby.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum,Joe

Reactions: Pastorshobby

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Joe,

It's a great place to learn anything woodworking.
I recently opened a fine woodworking school near Montreal Canada and one of my first students is also a Pastor. He is also eager to learn.

Dan

·
Registered
966 Posts
Dan,

No website, small operation courses on Saturday morning. First course started 3 weeks ago and only 2 students. If more demand next semester, then I will continue, if not no big deal. My investment was to buy 2 small workbenches from the guy I took my courses from 9 years ago, so I can probably re-sell them worst scenario. This all started when someone on a local Facebook group posted asking where he could take woodworking courses. When I found out Gary closed his school 2 years ago, after 13 yrs. and many students, he suggested that my talent and skills could be passed on and that I should pick up where he left off.
Cheers,
Dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.