Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advise on what I need to cut out coraplast sign material? Suggested machine most signs are up to 18x24in but to be safe maybe a 36x36in or so. Also has anyone did this before? If so can I print the vinyl then apply it to the board then cut of a shape? Does any of the routers follow a outline by an eye or something? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
You asked about making signs back in 2012 - did that not work out for you ?
do you have some samples to share with us that you are interested in ?
will they be one of a kind or in lots of 10 - 50 - 100, etc ?

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
IMO, a drag knife is only for cutting thin materials such as lettering vinyl. (plotter).
I've cut a lot of coroplast with a simple X-Acto knife in a comfortable handle by hand. Draw or trace your design and cut away - holding the knife at 90* angle to avoid angled cuts.
Again - depends on how often and how many you want to make.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
Just getting off the road shop going would just be the white Coloplast board cut into shapes like dogs, cats etc. Someone mentioned a drag knife. Is that cnc?
What kind of "shop" are you opening ? Are you a sign maker ?
yes, there is a drag knife for the CNC that will cut up to 1/4" thick coroplast. Different designs are available on Amazon (and other sources) for about $135.00. BUT - you must have at least a 48x48" CNC table to make your projects. Do you have a CNC that large? And again, how many "profiles" are you wanting to cut out ? We can't help you too much with the limited information you are providing. This is what the CNC Drag Knife would look like. If you are already cutting vinyl letters and graphics, you know how a drag knife works. (your plotter has one). The CNC knife is just on a larger scale and takes a much larger blade.
Product Rectangle Auto part Gas Brick

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
okay - that's good to know.
how does coroplast profiles of dogs and cats fall into that category? and, how many coroplast signs do you anticipate cutting? Do you presently have any kind of CNC ?

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
do you have any kind of CNC at the moment??
what kind of vinyl cutting plotter do you have ?
(I've been in the sign biz for over 40 years - that's why I'm interested in your projects).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts