Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, found my interest in woodworking just a couple of months ago and shopped for a couple of tools. my most recent purchases are a small router trimmer and a palm sander.

google led me to this great forum. i hope to pick up some tricks of the trade and perhaps even some small projects as well.

i am counting on mostly this forum to help me with along the way.

thank you in advance.

·
2,392 Posts
VaVroom1 said:
hi, found my interest in woodworking just a couple of months ago and shopped for a couple of tools. my most recent purchases are a small router trimmer and a palm sander.

google led me to this great forum. i hope to pick up some tricks of the trade and perhaps even some small projects as well.

i am counting on mostly this forum to help me with along the way.

thank you in advance.
Hey VaVroom1 !!
W e l c o m e . . A b o a r d !!​

Just off the top of my head, here are a few things I think you should do...
1. Watch www.TheWoodworkingChannel.com a lot...
2. Watch The Routerworkshop (above & PBS)
3. Watch New Yankee Workshop (DIY & PBS)
4. Visit & soak up information on my website...
. . . http://www.woodworkstuff.net/
5. Concentrate on being able to design & build Jigs, etc. to make each cut / step as easy and accurate as possible for you.
6. Strive to make things ALWAYS square...
7. Better to triple check things before doing...
8. Before making a cut on Table Saw (TS), band saw (BS), etc.
. . . do a pretend cut... including moveing the actual wood through to the end, etc. to make sure there is NOTHING that is going to cause you problems on the way through the operation...
9. Patience.
10. If you are not comfortable making any cut, don't do it... think Jig instead!

Hope this helps...

Enjoy...

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome VV1 to the forums. We have forums for most any type of woodworking with members from all walks of life. From beginners right up to very advanced ones and we all get along with each other as if we where on the same level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank all for your warm welcome.

up till now my projects have been speaker baffles and box, and amplifier racks for the car. these little projects get me hooked on woodworking. now itching to move on to other projects for the home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts