Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks. Just in the process of building my first CNC router machine. Im new to the CNC world so looking forward to learning alot. Waiting for some parts to come in. table and torsion box is built. I receive one Nema 23 stepper motor so far without a wiring harness so i need to find one and its been a pain in the but. Its a 11 pin white connection but with only 6 pins in it. does not seem like a common one.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Labradorian and welcome. When you get a second why not edit out N/A in your profile and give us a name or nickname to call you by.

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Like Chuck said, add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a and so we'll know what to call you. Add your location, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, CNC build, etc. whenever you're ready.

David

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
One of our CNC guys should come along soon, they're all watching their machines work. You can take a picture, load it onto your hard drive, and post it. Connectors and such are hard to ID from a description only. Seeing it, someone may just know what it is. Makes your question clearer. BTW, just watched a presentation on your area on Friday. Looks kind of chilly there. A warm shop must be a comfort in the dead of winter. Lots of Canadians here, not too many Newfies though.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
One of our CNC guys should come along soon, they're all watching their machines work. You can take a picture, load it onto your hard drive, and post it. Connectors and such are hard to ID from a description only. Seeing it, someone may just know what it is. Makes your question clearer. BTW, just watched a presentation on your area on Friday. Looks kind of chilly there. A warm shop must be a comfort in the dead of winter. Lots of Canadians here, not too many Newfies though.
Uh, Newfies became Canadians in 1949 when Newfoundland became the 10th province. Terrific people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Labradorian and welcome. When you get a second why not edit out N/A in your profile and give us a name or nickname to call you by.
Fixed. Im no longer N/A. But Glen Thanks for the heads up.

Attached is the stepper motor i purchased without wiring harness. seems this connector on it is an oddball. im having trouble finding the mating connector. the inside of this one on the motor is about 39mm long x 4mm wide with two slots

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics attached. see below or above i guess :) . thanks

·
Official Greeter
19,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Glen.

Reactions: labradorian70

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I figured out what i needed foe connectors and just received them feom digikey. looking forward to getting rhus thing built and learning a lot from folks in this group.

cheers
glen

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.