Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm about to get my first router delivered and have only used a cheap one before to create some rebated holes for loudspeakers. I'm aiming to make my own router table and am looking online and in books for good advice. I'm fairly practical and have done some basic woodworking before and I am looking forward to making more things with my router. I hope to make most of the router table including the plate itself, but will perhaps buy some metal channeling and knobs, etc. to make it function well. I plan to use a thick pine dining table as a base if this will stay level and be smooth enough, but I'm still just considering possibilities presently.

I hope I can contribute something useful in time. I teach Maths, to adults mainly, as a job so maybe that could be something I can help out with if you or your kids have a difficult problem!

Cheers

George
UK

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
G’day George

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome, and good deal on teachings maths (or math, as we say in the states). Teaching adults can be very rewarding. I taught several computer programming courses to adults.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings George and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts