Router Forums banner

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  sejones720 
#1 ·
Thanks to all of you who are willing to share your expertise with newbie's like me. I have been learning and doing the finishing work on our rough-camp cabin in Northern Michigan: tongue and groove, trim-out, fit and finish, and other special projects. Pretty much have taught myself using forums like this one and Youtube videos, along with advice from some wonderful neighbors. Not the same as an apprenticeship under a master, but it's what I have available as a retiree living in the woods. Pix are a sample of what we started with and where we're at now. I'm looking forward to finishing this project so I can move on to furniture and other exploits.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
welcome to the forums Stuart..
beautiful attention to detail w/ your work...

I like it..

Reactions: sejones720
#11 ·
Welcome aboard Stuart. It seems you've been at this a while and doing very well. It's a big project but you seem to have a handle on it. I must say the bedroom has a very modern look at this point.....What's important is learning as you go, taking your time, and appreciating the difference this is making. There's something to be said for a job well done and the personal satisfaction it brings.

#17 · (Edited)
Thanks Steve. Actually, the bedroom is a "before" pic, for comparison sake. What you're seeing that looks modern is the old insulation. This is what the cabin looked like when we got it, only full of the former owner's treasures. We replaced the insulation with open cell foam and covered it with the aspen tongue and groove, as in the pic of the living room. Thanks for your comments...very true. I certainly am "learning as I go." Wish I had started woodworking long ago.

Welcome aboard Stuart. It seems you've been at this a while and doing very well. It's a big project but you seem to have a handle on it. I must say the bedroom has a very modern look at this point.....

#13 ·
Welcome to the Forum, Stuart...nice cabin you've built...sounds like you have a very good approach...good luck with the rest of it...

Reactions: sejones720
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.