Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fells.
Freshly retired now so looking forward to a life of making fresh sawdust. In the process of buying a new house that has space for a workshop in the back so I can get into this wood working lark a bit more serious.
I have 3 routers, a couple of 1/2 inch plunge and a small 1/4 trim router. Not used them very much so a lot to learn and I trust you guys will point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi fells.
Freshly retired now so looking forward to a life of making fresh sawdust. In the process of buying a new house that has space for a workshop in the back so I can get into this wood working lark a bit more serious.
I have 3 routers, a couple of 1/2 inch plunge and a small 1/4 trim router. Not used them very much so a lot to learn and I trust you guys will point me in the right direction.
You might want to tie a rope securely around your ankles before jumping down that rabbit hole. It can get mighty deep. I thought my fishing and hunting hobby was bad, but the woodworking hobby can get insane. BUT, I love it!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Allan(?)
Please write some info about yourself in your profile. I supposed that you are in the UK.
We like pictures related to project execution.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi fells.
Hey Welcome Alan,

Yes happy to hear another has taken in the art and love for woodworking. Yes as someone else mentioned hang on
your going for a ride. so started out with how many router's, soon you will have an arsenal of them. Treat those routers with respect and they will do exactly what you want them to do and with a few jigs more then you can image.
Very excited for you entering into more projects, jigs and fixtures. Yes and this is a good forum to ask lots of questions.
The moderators on the forum are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Just remember the only dumb question is the one you never ask.
We look forward to you posting pix of your progress into your endeavor.
Again Welcome,

Kind regards,

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Only have a small workshop at the moment so limited to what I can do. Make the usual cutting boards etc, been out all morning flattening some walnut slabs for a small ish river table for the daughter.
I only have a 12" planer so have been using the Trend flattening jig with my router, great piece of kit once you have it set up.
I'll post a pic when it's finished.
I mainly use an Erbauer 1/2 router which is ok but feel I may need a better one eventually.

·
Official Greeter
19,750 Posts
G'day Alan, welcome to the forum..

·
Official Greeter
19,750 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts