Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, :)
I my name is Bob. I am an woodworker from a few years back. Some say I am a tool collector, but I actually do work on a project now and then.
When it comes to routers I have a lot to learn and have learned some lessons from the University of Hard Knocks. I am sure there are more on this forum who has had some of the same education. Unfortunately I have 3 Crapsman routers and 1 Ryobi.. Oh well, one good hard wood project will take care of those..

Bob :D

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
drsmtl said:
Unfortunately I have 3 Crapsman routers and 1 Ryobi.. Oh well, one good hard wood project will take care of those..

Bob :D
Hey welcome to the forum! Don't be too hard on your craftsman routers. I started with a craftsman. Had 3 at one time. Still have my first one and it works just fine. But there are better routers when you have some extra cash. Looking forward to your posts!

Corey

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Bob, welcome to our friendly and helpful forums. We have a variety of boards to choose from. I would suggest that you check them on a regular basis and jump in and participate whenever possible. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.
Dr. Zook, What if you make more firewood than you can burn? Some if mine would probably be a project for pen turners. At the present I am hoarding a barrel full of Yellow Poplar scraps left from 4 cabinets for my wife's sewing room.

Bob

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Firewood

Do like I do Bob. Bundle or bag them and put them in front yard with a forsale sign on them. LOL Even my neighbors said enough is enough. :( If you are making that much scrap, it means you are in the shop working. ;) Hope to see more posts from you Bob. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Bob:
How about using the scraps to make little wooden cars/trucks etc for little kids.
That's what I do...by the dozen, then send them out to the mission fiels in Zambia for the hospitals & refugee camps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maurice,
That is a great idea. Being the car/truck person I am that would fot right in.. We cook and serve meals to people at the United Caring Shelter, some with small children who would probably appreciate them..

Dave, I have tried the bag & curb trick but they got wise to me..

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
George,
Everytime I put a for sale sign out someone wants to make a trade. It's usually a biger piece of junk than I'm trying to get rid of.. :)

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts