Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely new to forums and woodworking, but it didn't stop me from buying a Gerber Dimension 200 on govliquidation.com a month ago. I bought the machine thinking that I'd get a shop set up to be a little creative over the winter. The shop will be ready for March 2014, but before then I still need to set it up and become familiar with the software associated with the CNC routing machine. As of right now I have the Dimension 200 table with stand, router and engraver with the vacuum system. I'm going to contact sales tomorrow about what software is need to run it. If anyone has any tips or experience with this machine or can point me in the right direction I be much appreciated. I have zero experience, but a quick learner and very excited to t this machine up and running.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kenneth.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Kenneth hello and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Kenneth I like your style, you say you have zero experience with routing and you pony up the money to by that CNC Router, looks neat, I am sure that the manufacturer can set you straight about the software and there is a lot of CNC posts on the Forum, do keep the forum informed of your progress and the solutions you use and post some photos of what ever it is that you do make with the machine. NGM

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kenneth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm still searching for the right design options. As far as I know ArtPath is the bridge to talk with the router. I'm hoping to hear back from one of the several distributors soon about a solution... that isn't $4000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gerber D200 Software

Hello,

Did you ever find a software solution for your Gerber D200 ?

Let me know either way.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Nice toy! Welcome to the Router Forum Family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts