Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I've got a small shop and like to build items like boxes and cutting boards. Most of what I build is embellished with inlay work, (for ex:cheeseboards with typical cheese shapes inlaid).
I am interested in learning more about inlay techniques and am contemplating building a CNC setup to improve the accuracy of the recess/inlay relationship.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
You might start with reading some of the discussions here about guide bushings, templates, and such. Using one of the commonly-available inlay bit kits, you may find that CNC is overkill. Or, not. Your choice, of course.

If all else fails, one might take inspiration from the fact that the old timers made all that fancy inlaid furniture by hand.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G'day

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - Thanks for the input. Currently I'm doing things the "by hand" way. I've just customized a Dremel router base to allow accurate adjustment and have the ability to accept inlay bushings. I hope this will simplify the process!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.