Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
Nice upgrade. Looks like a pretty high capacity battery.
It's really great not to have to hassle with a cord. In my youth, I managed to saw right through the cord. The patch job was a constant reminder.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a good workout too - wonder how long those beefy batteries are good for. Bet that batt cost as much as the saw(?)...
yes you are correct, the battery cost more than the saw if you buy the battery straight up. There are ways to get it a bit cheaper by buying combos or with promos. as for run time? this thing goes for days

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Top of the toys Tony! Use an older model at work and the High Demand battery (4.0?) lasts. The newer model battery High output is suppose to be better with 9000 more cells allowing more power and cooler running. Depending on your usage 12.0 ah may last you 12 months! :laugh2: Your toy has a lot more metal and the dust port is a big plus. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Good on you, Tony, you are going to like that saw. Good brand too, I hope you kept the other one too for the small jobs. Now you can do some serious framing.
Herb

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good on you, Tony, you are going to like that saw. Good brand too, I hope you kept the other one too for the small jobs. Now you can do some serious framing.
Herb
thanks ya I been into Milwaukee before they were cool and cordless, most likely because thats all my dad used since the mid 60's

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Top of the toys Tony! Use an older model at work and the High Demand battery (4.0?) lasts. The newer model battery High output is suppose to be better with 9000 more cells allowing more power and cooler running. Depending on your usage 12.0 ah may last you 12 months! :laugh2: Your toy has a lot more metal and the dust port is a big plus. Enjoy!
ya for sure, but I'm retired so its all work for me or unless the wife gives me a day off....lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was your Dad a plumber ,or Electrician?
Herb
he actually owned a construction company that he sold when he retired in the mid 70's but I remember on some saturdays getting to go with him and lay out a whole wack of brand new tools and I was told to spray a bright green line of spray paint across them.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
he actually owned a construction company that he sold when he retired in the mid 70's but I remember on some saturdays getting to go with him and lay out a whole wack of brand new tools and I was told to spray a bright green line of spray paint across them.
Oh yes, you have to mark your tools with spray paint or they walk off. The reason I asked was that the plumbers and Electricians always liked the Milwaukee tools and the other trades liked the Skil,Makita, and other brands. The Milwaukee saws turned at slower rpms and had more power, for cutting out access openings in already frame structures. to run pipes and such.
Herb

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I got the 6 1/2" one for "free" when I bought a drill/driver combo about 3 years ago. I had a choice between it, a sawzall, or a jigsaw I think. I didn't think I'd use it that much but it is handy not dragging the cord around and where power isn't handy. You do need bigger batteries for one. I got a couple of 4 Ah ones off ebay for $29 plus change each.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice upgrade. Looks like a pretty high capacity battery.
It's really great not to have to hassle with a cord. In my youth, I managed to saw right through the cord. The patch job was a constant reminder.
I have a 40 year old Craftsman, with 3 splices in the cord for the same reason. A year ago I found a much newer one for $35 at a garage sale. The old one is now more retired than I am.

·
Registered
508 Posts
At $449, a serious investment but with such great performance well worth it among many other lackluster battery powered carpentry tools. If you get a full day out of it a spare batt isn’t needed...nice.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a 40 year old Craftsman, with 3 splices in the cord for the same reason. A year ago I found a much newer one for $35 at a garage sale. The old one is now more retired than I am.
I had a corded saw for many years as well but this cordless saw is more powerful hands down....

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
How does the weight compare wth a corded model?
It has a bit to do with which battery you have on it. With a really large battery it gets up there close to corded models I'd say. With a small battery they're fairly light. One of the big issues with using a corded model, at least with me, it that it seems like I'm constantly getting the cord bound up in something half way through a panel or if I'm trying to drag one around with me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It has a bit to do with which battery you have on it. With a really large battery it gets up there close to corded models I'd say. With a small battery they're fairly light. One of the big issues with using a corded model, at least with me, it that it seems like I'm constantly getting the cord bound up in something half way through a panel or if I'm trying to drag one around with me.
ya plus the safety value of not having power cords laying around all over the place. I like that if I need to make a quick cut up on a second floor, just run up with saw do cut and done deal don't have to drag an extention cord or even think if there is power near the cut....

·
Registered
Paul
2,008 Posts
Oooooo, nice new toy, Tony. My only Milwaukee is a vintage corded drill. What they called a 3/8 drill has a bigger chuck than my little drill press.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts