Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first one was that little guy that hurt my hand to use. I thought if I made it larger to get a better grip it would be better. But not so, still was a pretty plane but not so pretty to use, Then I fixed it on the 3rd try.
Pic 1. is the first one you have already seen. The last picture is a reject block plane I threw in to fill out the upload.

Herb

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Did the handsaw type handle solve the problem and do you use it one handed or two handed? I meant to ask earlier where you get the pin from that holds the wedge and blade in.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Herb...
They are AWESOME!!!!!

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Did the handsaw type handle solve the problem and do you use it one handed or two handed? I meant to ask earlier where you get the pin from that holds the wedge and blade in.
Yes the handsaw handle works very well,I still have to use 2 hands, Chuck, It feels real good and doesn't require much downward pressure with the handle tilted forward. I buy the brass rod from McMaster Carr in 2' or 3' lengths.
I went out in the shop today and the planes were sitting there in the sunshine, so I had to take pictures of the grain shining out.

Herb

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Now I like that little fellow....You're having too much fun Herb!!

I'll tell ya what... ****don't hold your breath on this, just sayin****

I have a huge old anvil that I'm trying to work a deal on with a black smithing group. The deal I'm tryng to make is trade the anvil for 400 and hands on training at their site to make several Damascus steel blanks. A couple of knife blanks and several plane iron blanks. If the deal comes thru, I'll gladly send ya an iron for the small plane...
Now like I said, don't hold your breath, but maybe keep a finger or two crossed :)

·
Registered
Paul
2,100 Posts
Herb, I worked for a guy whose favourite tool was the hammer. He collected them and occasionally lined them up to admire them. ;) Your planes would make a much more admirable line-up!

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I like that little fellow....You're having too much fun Herb!!

I'll tell ya what... ****don't hold your breath on this, just sayin****

I have a huge old anvil that I'm trying to work a deal on with a black smithing group. The deal I'm tryng to make is trade the anvil for 400 and hands on training at their site to make several Damascus steel blanks. A couple of knife blanks and several plane iron blanks. If the deal comes thru, I'll gladly send ya an iron for the small plane...
Now like I said, don't hold your breath, but maybe keep a finger or two crossed :)
I can't pass up a deal like that. PM me when you are ready.
Herb

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Herb, If you don't mind my asking...Why is the block plane a rejected plane? It looks proportional in shape, is it bevel up or down?
It has a small chip out of the edge of the sole. But it works good so I am keeping it for my use. See pic.
All these are 45° bed angle and bevel down,

Herb

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.