Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a cheap dryer vent and my wife was complaining about lint clogging up and drafty. Saw this video and bought the kit works great no draft. There is a bad thing there is no ridge to hook the 4 inch vent hose. I took the unit to home center they had a 4 inch adapter crimped on both ends that slides into unit and metal tube that old vent slid into.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5aropo

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Interesting concept

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have one of the "newer" style vents and it's great. The video doesn't mention that it also makes it easier to clean the dryer flexible duct.
While you're upgrading your dryer vent you might inspect your washing machine hoses. If they're the rubber kind, you should upgrade to the stainless steel braided variety.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Had that at my last home, this reminded me to get one for this house. It does work !

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
He never did say what happens to the lint. Does it stay in the body of the dryer vent? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update I used a 4 inch crimped pipe it kept coming off from pressure from the dryer. Solution use a 4 in piece of schedule 40 pvc pipe 6 inches long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts