Router Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "shop" took a hit earlier this week from a freak wind/rain storm. Every pole of my awning is bent at least a little bit. I will pick up some more conduit and build another one soon.

But for now, I'm staying in the A/C as much as I can. Triple digit heat and high humidity = inside time!

Sorry for the pictures being oriented wrong. This is a problem with my phone posting pictures on the forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Frank...

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make a positive out of it. in the mean time, enjoy the a/c!!

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
I feel your pain. We had a pop up canopy set up on the patio and it fell victim to a freak thunderstorm/wind blast. It was toast! Actually, it looked more like a pretzel! :frown:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I feel your pain, too. My garage "shop" is so crowded I have to push my table saw into the driveway to use it. I have a 10 X 10 patio cover to block the sun's heat and UV rays.

Hope your new awning has a longer life span than the one it's replacing.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope your new awning has a longer life span than the one it's replacing.
That would be awesome!! I built this last one in the late 80's. I've replaced 1 pole and 1 bracket......both lost by my son. I've had about 10 or 12 tarps in all these years.

This thing has been with us camping in Colorado, Louisiana and ALL OVER the great state of TEXAS!! It was a good one so I may only use stronger tubing.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Frank,

It gets hot down there?

HJ

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frank,

It gets hot down there?

HJ
It was only 101 deg today.....heat index of 110.....here on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Not sure even having an awning would have been enough incentive to get out there today.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
The heat, I don't mind so much.

It is the humidity that kicks me around, but you do need shelter from the Sun, especially in Oz with it's high skin cancer rate...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with you James.....the humidity is the part I hate.

It makes BOTH of my hairs curly!!! LOL

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Frank...

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make a positive out of it. in the mean time, enjoy the a/c!!

+1.
Sid

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Here too! New Orleans. I think I shut an outside job I was working on Sunday (replacing landscaping timbers around front edge of front yard) in the nick of time. I started like at 6 in the morning, but I was still at it at high noon. Had three holes to drill and 3 rebar to drive in, and I just couldn't do it. Felt myself get woosy and my arms felt like rubber. Gave in and went in and took a cool shower and felt better in no time. Finished yesterday after work. It took a whole 10 minutes, if that. But I felt if I didn't stop on Sunday, it would have been bad!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In this weather we have to listen to our bodies.
Good call!!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
What heat???? Had dinner on the patio tonite. 75 with a slight breeze. Nice.

HJ

Hated to come in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts