Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am a handy homeowner. Tne years ago or so I bought a package with a Porter Cable Pancake 2002 compressor with three nail guns for a project. It has sat in a dry basement since then. I pulled it out yesterday to attached some loose trim and found that the compressor got up to 150 pounds with no problem but I had NO pressure in the hose. Any advice on solving this? Can I fix it on my own or do I need a repair? Thanks much.

·
Registered
297 Posts
compressed air contains a lot of moisture, so it is likely that moisture sat in a component that has rusted on you. somwhere between the gauge and the end of the hose is your problem. i would suspect it is the quick disconnect fittings. is there a valve that needs to be opened?

bleed off your pressure, and take them off and look at them.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
compressed air contains a lot of moisture, so it is likely that moisture sat in a component that has rusted on you. somwhere between the gauge and the end of the hose is your problem. i would suspect it is the quick disconnect fittings. is there a valve that needs to be opened?

bleed off your pressure, and take them off and look at them.
If Tim is right you can either stick a spare male end to the compressor or cut the hose you have. Both will let the air if out isn't clogged at the female end located on the compressor. If that solves the problem crimp a new female disconnect on the end of your hose. Good luck.

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
G'day and welcome to the forum, Jim.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
11,491 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
There is a second valve which regulates the output pressure. You have to twist that to set the output pressure. If that gauge reads zero, try twisting that knob. I have the same compressor and I had to fiddle with the short hose from the tank to the output pressure regulator.

For moisture, there is a small brass knob on the bottom of the tank. When you put it away, unscrew that a bit and the tank air will escape. Don't do that in a dusty area, everything will get airborne. Blowing out through the bottom valve drains the moisture. You can see the two gauges, left is tank pressure, right is output pressure which is set by turning the knob, center.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Camera lens Red Tool

That compressor is oil-less, so it wears out after about 500 hours. I have a small leak in the short hose, so it turns on and off frequently. I run it outside my shop, it's so noisy.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Desert rat that's my point. My sill thing I do is not reclose relief valve and have no pressure. So my think as we are both saying same thing have to set the output pressure to what. Otherwise its zero.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I always release the pressure after use as directed by manual. So moisture does not build up in the tank. So I have to close valve in bottom next time I use the compressor. What is the pressure reading at the output gauge? If it is zero set value you to what you want.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hey Guys, I am a handy homeowner. Tne years ago or so I bought a package with a Porter Cable Pancake 2002 compressor with three nail guns for a project. It has sat in a dry basement since then. I pulled it out yesterday to attached some loose trim and found that the compressor got up to 150 pounds with no problem but I had NO pressure in the hose. Any advice on solving this? Can I fix it on my own or do I need a repair? Thanks much.
Did you get a fix for your problem?

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
Yes, Tom. Sometimes it would be good to know we gave some good advice......

It seems that these days we are getting more posters that ask one question and after gettin some answers, never get back to let us know.

:(

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Yes, Tom. Sometimes it would be good to know we gave some good advice......

It seems that these days we are getting more posters that ask one question and after gettin some answers, never get back to let us know.

:(
Personally, I feel the same way. But I spent almost 4 decades as a consultant, offering coaching and training. Teaching, really. That's what keeps me around these parts. Harry really helped me when I started in here, and Stick too. So now I really enjoy being helpful. The body won't let me do a lot of stuff anymore, but the brain is doing just fine. Somehow, I think we are quite similar in that way. I definitely appreciate all you have to say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts