Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 routers an incra router table and fence and no thinner machine.My problem is the thickness of my wood being 20mm and i need to reduce it how can this be done.I have a saw bench a hand plane and i am as thick as my wood i cant get round the problem help me sombody please:wacko:

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You can use a router on skis. Use the forum search for that subject to see how to do it. You could also build a sled that the router would sit on that would work about the same.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Making skis for your router is one solution. Doing it "the old way" with your hand plane is another. (You'll likely need to plane it a bit after using the router, anyway.) Or, if there is a cabinet shop in your area, you might ask them what they would charge to run the stock through their thickness planer.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
David, a very common mistake is to apply too much clamping pressure when gluing up panels. This is a major cause of misalignment. (been there, done that) You only need enough pressure to hold the edges together. Something else that helps is to build a set of clamping cauls. Cauls help keep the panels aligned. You will find a photo shoot of how to build them on the forums.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.