Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It stinks! On two different dates I Have had Trojan Horse's and virus's get thought Norton. I had too spend a lot of time removing them, and the only thing that would remove them was The Trend Micro program called House Call. I removed Norton and bought PC Cillian. The automatic update was nice, but their program is rotten,
Bud

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
I use Norton Internet Security and it works great for me. Trap do you keep your Norton updated at all times? If you missed one update you'll guaranteed get a Trojan.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I use Norton Internet Security and run trouble free. I visit lots of web sites and get tons of mail so I should be high risk. I also download software from the web. In addition to Norton Auto-update I keep my Microsoft software up to date and I am sure this is why I have no trouble. Sorry it didn't work out for you Trap.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
AVG is the one to use free

i use AVG and it is free I wouldn't use norton Give's lot's of problum's You have to go into the reg. and remove the rest It will not remove all from control panel Also i use Zone Alarm for the fire wall Free and it works also And also CCleaner remove's junk also

·
Registered
880 Posts
I feel the same about Norton. I use AVG along with SpyBot and AdAware (all free) and have no problems. Norton came free with the PC for a "trial period" after which you're supposed to register (& pay) but although the trial's up, it won't go away!

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
I've had Norton for several yrs now, never had a problem with it at all. I have mine setup just like windows... auto-updates. I also update to the newer version each yr. If you allow it to auto-update, or manual update, you won't have any problems with it. The key with any anti-virus/spam/adaware program(s) is, updates. Doesn't matter what you are using, then you are vulnerable.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just use an operating system that doesn't NEED antivirus :) heheheh
(Ubuntu linux version 6.06 LTS) My router acts as a firewall, and I've got 3 windowsXP computer running almost constantly. Those have AVG on them. I don't run software firewalls because I'm an OLD hacker and firewalls are supposed to be hardware! :)

My gut feeling is that if they've made their way to my machine and set off a software firewall alarm, then they're already AT my machine and something upstream is broken.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hey reikimaster! You have a router that acts as a firewall?! That's some piece of equipment. I bet even Bj hasn't got a jig for that! :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts