Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Great, now we have a bunch of old men ripping off kids with their skateboards! I can see me hiding in the bushes with trip lines across the road waiting for my prey. How many boards do I need?
Depends on how fast you can make your get away(s).:smile:

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
You buy the kids new boards so they'll give you their old ones!!

·
Registered
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks pretty neat. No two alike.

Did I miss the part where the anti skid stuff was taken off each and every board or did they conveniently leave it out of the video?
Nope, he used a heat gun (harbor freight I believe) and used a wood dowel to roll the strip off. Colorful, isn't it. Except for relieving the kids of their boards a fun project for turners..

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You mean "An old man on a skateboard is will likely be an old man laying on the sidewalk"
Yeah, I once tried to show my grandaughters how to ride a skateboard. Turned into a lesson on what not to do, how to fall (not gently), and why older people should remain on both feet in an upright position. They took a lot a way from that lesson, one they often remind me of. We we're making memories. Remember that time GrandPops made all those blue things? Who knew they were bruises. The cops finally believe Grammy that she didn't beat him up........

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Yeah, I once tried to show my grandaughters how to ride a skateboard. Turned into a lesson on what not to do, how to fall (not gently), and why older people should remain on both feet in an upright position. They took a lot a way from that lesson, one they often remind me of. We we're making memories. Remember that time GrandPops made all those blue things? Who knew they were bruises. The cops finally believe Grammy that she didn't beat him up........
Steve - per the highlighted line in your post. Sometimes I prefer to be in a prone position :grin:
Your granddaughters will treasure those memories you made with them for a long time.

·
Registered
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW, I run the HF heat gun to bring my shop up to a decent temperature quickly. Takes hours for a heater to do it alone. About 10 minutes and I can stand working in there.

·
Registered
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I let my kids skate on weekends on e-boards (with protective gear, of course). I choose a moderate speed, kids always like adventure. With the best motor for electric skateboard, not only will longboards run, but they can also get to ride it with style. :). Prepare to enjoy the best rides of youth.
I've been checking out battery operated vehicles for the day when I can no longer drive. Everything from 2 wheel scooters to 3 wheel bikes. All rechargeable, all fairly short range. Lots of back streets to the places I go most often. Some interesting vehicles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.