Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my fish pieces are Alaskan species, Alas, there are now Walleye up here. but had to make one anyway.

Next I will steampunk up this model.

Test carving tonight, than painting tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this to scale? Bet you could get a fin or two for it when sold. And I'm really looking forward to seeing the painted version.
national Pun day.... well played... that's another fishing pun..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ready to CNC.

Going to run some tool paths on this based on the concepts used in stacked lettering carving... wait for it. looking for a 40 % reduction in 3D carving time.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here it is fresh off the cnc and straight to the painting easel. Ran of steam so will finish the painting later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
Looks good as usual Scott. Really like the finished project. Still got some of the steampunk influence left over in that frame.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good as usual Scott. Really like the finished project. Still got some of the steampunk influence left over in that frame.
Good catch on the Steampunk frame. I like how it contrasts with soft natural shapes..... and it finishes easily...

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'm all for easy finishing!!!!

Got a couple of my design cut out and stained. They look like crap with no poly since they're cut out of oak. Really rough looking. Will finish and post when I get back from NC. Grandkids come first!! Shop is shut down - will fire back up Sunday afternoon, evening, or Monday morning. Priorities. But still have over 100 pieces to get ready for the May Polish Festival.

When you giving painting lessons Scott?? I'm first to sign up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts