·
Registered
31,264 Posts
where does the line start....
ya think we can get forum discounts...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Jaaa Boet!! (Afrikaans for Nice Bub) Good Techno diarrhea speak, Harry.
LMAO

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
We have politicians that sound just like that.

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Yes Minister comes to mind.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For some strange reason they've stuck with TRF technology!

Reactions: TenGees

·
Registered
690 Posts
Actually, it sounds more like WTF technology. Excellent double talkers.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
There is a lot of bovine excrement in that video. He talked a lot and said nothing. Must have been paid by the word.

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
"...raise the billable hours of the service department, and serve no other function"..

I thought that was standard in the auto industry......

Kept falling of my chair....

Reactions: swarfmaker

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Found the following on this guy and this film:

This is the first time Turbo Encabulator was recorded with picture. I shot this in the late 70's at Regan Studios in Detroit on 16mm film. The narrator and writer is Bud Haggert. He was the top voice-over talent on technical films. He wrote the script because he rarely understood the technical copy he was asked to read and felt he shouldn't be alone. We had just finished a production for GMC Trucks and Bud asked since this was the perfect setting could we film his Turbo Encabulator script. He was using an audio prompter referred to as "the ear". He was actually the pioneer of the ear. He was to deliver a live speech without a prompter. After struggling in his hotel room trying to commit to memory he went to plan B. He recorded it to a large Wollensak reel to reel recorder and placed it in the bottom of the podium. With a wired earplug he used it for the speech and the "ear" was invented. Today every on-camera spokesperson uses a variation of Bud's innovation. Dave Rondot (me) was the director and John Choate was the DP on this production. The first laugh at the end is mine. My hat's off to Bud a true talent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts