Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am really not a new member, however, I need to change my password and in the process, not being very bright or sound of mind, I forgot the new password and had to re register. I appreciate all that participate and will continue to read and watch.

:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
John
6,951 Posts
Welcome again, Frank there is a lot of memory loss in my world too

·
Official Greeter
18,897 Posts
Welcome back, Frank.

I am old, so you should see the note book I have to keep with all my passwords.

This is a common happening, especially if the name changes slightly eg 'blinky_bill' against 'blinky bill'......

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wecome back.

If you wanted to get your old account back maybe one of the admins with privlages to do so could give you a new password. I assume that using the "I forgot my password" when you tried to log in you did not know the email address you registered under or it sends the reset info to one you no longer have access too.

I use an open source KeePass Password Safe to store the hundreds of passwords I use. You only need one password to access all of them. I keep it on a thumb drive and another thumb with the backup database. It also allows you to use passwords you would never remember, hence they are harder to hack. It also allows you to change passwords periodically to avoid the same problem. You can generate the number of characters you want as well as types of characters or mix of types.

Many people use the same password for everything. Problem is once you register at an unscrupulous site or one that is hacked you one password would be out there for everything you use it on. Some people use common used passwords. The most common of course being "password". You may think the sites etc you have access to are not that important and how much harm could someone do with your access credentials. People can do a lot of damage in your name with such access, seen it done many times.

A friend of mine once said that Getting Lucky at her age was going into a room and remembering what she went there for. I can relate to that.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,680 Posts
Welcome to the forum Frank.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James it is just (hell to get old) I have decided. My memory is poor and my back is weak, and it just hard to get much done anymore. The worst of this is, I was never very bright or sound of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts