Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there community

Long time reader, first time poster.

I recently sold my Triton the TRA001 router with a view to eventually buying a lift (don’t worry - I have other routers to use meanwhile).

The issue is that I am struggling to find any compatible router models that are available for purchase in New Zealand. I would prefer to purchase locally due to the voltage differences (we run on 230 V exclusively) and also the warranty implications.

I’m leaning towards the Incra or Jessem lift but can’t find any information on router models that we have in New Zealand that are compatible with them. All the models that are listed as compatible on the respective sites are don’t seem to be available in New Zealand and I can’t even find equivalent. Even extending the search to Australia yields few results.
Has anyone out there had any experience with fitting a NZ purchased router motor to a router lift, and if so, do you have any advice or reviews?
Has anyone out there had any experience with fitting a NZ purchased router motor to a router lift, and if so, do you have any advice or reviews?

I would prefer to stick with one of the big brands like a Bosch, DeWalt or Makita, but realise that might not be an option in this case.

Thanks in advance for all the replies and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need more information.

Cheers.
Nick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there community

I recently sold my Triton the TRA001 router with a view to eventually buying a lift (don’t worry - I have other routers to use meanwhile).

The issue is that I am struggling to find any compatible router models that are available for purchase in New Zealand. I would prefer to purchase locally due to the voltage differences (we run on 230 V exclusively) and also the warranty implications.

I’m leaning towards the Incra or Jessem lift but can’t find any information on router models that we have in New Zealand that are compatible with them. All the models that are listed as compatible on the respective sites are don’t seem to be available in New Zealand and I can’t even find equivalent. Even extending the search to Australia yields few results.

I would prefer to stick with one of the big brands like a Bosch, DeWalt or Makita, but realise that might not be an option in this case.

Thanks in advance for all the replies and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need more information.

Cheers.
Nick.
Mate try one of these, I have had mine for two years not very much use but what I have used it for was heavy rebating in Iron Bark and pine and has done the job with ease. It has 5 years warranty which is a good thing to have.
Sherwood Router Motor | Round Body 1800W (timbecon.com.au)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there community

Cheers.
Nick.
By the way I meant tomention that I have the Incra Mast II lift

·
Registered
222 Posts
since you expressed interest in the Incra/Jessem router lift, why don’t you contact Incra tech support with your problem. I have found them very responsive. I have the Incra lift and highly recommend it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.