Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Paul
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an odd email this morning. It doesn't have the normal header: "Router Forums - Recent Woodworking Discussions" or "You are subscribed to the thread..." This happened once before. Is this a normal function? I thought that staff might want to know in case it's a security issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
Paul
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it possibly because there was only one new post???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I got the same one....
it came in my suspect email folder...
we been singled out???

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
She is on the forum as a newbie. Don't know why it showed up as an email to you guys.

·
Registered
Paul
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very suspicious first post, delete it and dont click on anything in it.
I hovered over the links (without clicking) to see where they go. It all seems normal, only without the usual header.

·
Administrator
2,101 Posts
It was apparently the only new posting in the timeframe that email is generated. I've seen that before when there was only one new thread.

David
That's what it looks like.

Keep in mind that email doesn't come from us. That is a Google feedburner email.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I also got it and deleted it. Some links looked okay but not sure about others.

·
Registered
218 Posts
"That is a Google feedburner email."

Can someone enlighten me as to what a "feedburner email" is & how do you sign in /sign out of it & it's purpose.

Thks
smitty

Reactions: TWheels

·
Administrator
2,101 Posts
The old classic skin had an option to add it through Google. If it says it is coming from [email protected] that is the only way you would be receiving them.

There should be some sort of option either at the top or in the footer or the top of the email to unsubscribe.

unsub.png

The forum itself also has newsletters. That would have an option to unsub in the footer.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's probably just ME but I'm always suspicious of emails that seem out of place, has too many misspelled or omitted words and the context is odd. (reminds me of off shore customer service calls) I always think it's a scam or virus when I see that. I just saw one on this blog that had individual sentences in consecutive posts. Maybe it shouldn't but that sets off alarm bells with me. My laptop is well protected but nothing is hack proof. No offense to Harry and our legitimate friends across the pond, just being careful. I'm so paranoid that my FB account has one profile entry (High school)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.