Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an email today from one of my favorite suppliers, 'Banggood.com',(I mentioned them earlier as a good supplier of magnets).

It looks like another cyclone I've seen somewhere.;)

But, it must be made for the Australian market because the inlet will cause clockwise rotation! :)

The price is right at about $17.00! With free shipping!

I just ordered one and I'll report on it soon.

High Efficiency Cyclone Powder Dust Collector Filter Top Quality For Vacuums IA1 at Banggood

Attachments

Reactions: RÖENTGEEP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Keep us updated on the quality. I was about ready to order an Oneida Dust Deputy which has had good reviews but the one from Bang good.com is about 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looks identical to mine.
if the pipe sizes are about 2 1/2".
I'm definitely in the northern hemisphere and the clockwise rotation works just fine. I'm very pleased.
But you got it about half the price I paid.
Bob I was wondering where was Cyprus, and I found that we know it as CHIPRE island, and is far away from my country, and went to see some pics from there and you have a very nice mediterranean sea, nice beaches, that remembered me the Caribean sea in Mexico and some other beaches. How is the water temperature there?

Congrats, Chipre is a famous tourist place, Id like to go there some day 0:)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
One thing I'm sure of, thats not a mexican name you have there, whats your story?

I'm English, and retired here 8 years ago. Its a wonderful place and where I live the temperature never goes below freezing (The mountains get snow, but I never go up there in the winter). We are in our winter now, day time temps as high as 22c, but night time down to single numbers. I had a holiday in Cancun many years ago, our summer temps and beaches are just like that.

·
Registered
657 Posts
One thing I'm sure of, thats not a mexican name you have there, whats your story?

I'm English, and retired here 8 years ago. Its a wonderful place and where I live the temperature never goes below freezing (The mountains get snow, but I never go up there in the winter). We are in our winter now, day time temps as high as 22c, but night time down to single numbers. I had a holiday in Cancun many years ago, our summer temps and beaches are just like that.
Chipre (Kypriakē Dēmokratia, Kibris Cumhuriyeti) :surprise:

As I mentioned the Caribean sea en Cancún looks very similar to Chipre island. :wink:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just got a Dust Deputy for Christmas with 2 buckets and a hose. I did notice that this off shore Cyclone only has 4 mounting holes and the one I got had 6 with at gasket. the instruction sad to not tighten the bolts to much and with it attached to the bucket cover it was distorted and was thanking of putting reinforcement on the inside of the lid. With only 4 holes it may be even more important to do this.
Allen

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I just got a Dust Deputy for Christmas with 2 buckets and a hose. I did notice that this off shore Cyclone only has 4 mounting holes and the one I got had 6 with at gasket. the instruction sad to not tighten the bolts to much and with it attached to the bucket cover it was distorted and was thanking of putting reinforcement on the inside of the lid. With only 4 holes it may be even more important to do this.
Allen
From what I have read the flange on the Dust Deputy is the weak spot, so I think it wise to install some reinforcement if it is free standing. This one will probably be the same.
Herb

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
add more holes...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
From what I have read the flange on the Dust Deputy is the weak spot, so I think it wise to install some reinforcement if it is free standing. This one will probably be the same.
Herb
I put a round 1/2 ply on the inside of the lid...worked like a charm...too flimsy without it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts