Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a possibility of eliminating the off topic advertising? I'd even consider paying a nominal fee to get rid of it. I'm thinking of the get rich ads or the come-on ads that redirect to something totally different than the original ad.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
I use the Safari browser on a Mac and I don't see ads. I'm not sure why, it may be because I have Block Pop-up Windows set on my browser.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
I receive no ads on my page!

Reactions: Moz

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I see no adds w/ Firefox..

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I spoke too soon.
On my profile page I just got an ad on managing Hepititis C.

Hmmmmm better check my routers for STD's

Herb
Secondary Technical Devices?:surprise:

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
I find the ads pretty non-intrusive, I guess if they help support the forum, it is fine by me.

Gary

P.S. Not trying to argue, just another opinion. :)
You are correct. The ads make it possible for us to keep the lights on here.

That being said, with the exception of direct advertisers, we don't control which ads you see beyond the fact that we do block some.

In fact, most of us likely see different ads from each other.

I am currently seeing a lot of ads about cameras, which is probably because I was doing some searches on photography and researching some camera features today.

This may help to understand how Google determines which ads you will see.
https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057?hl=en

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
You are correct. The ads make it possible for us to keep the lights on here.

That being said, with the exception of direct advertisers, we don't control which ads you see beyond the fact that we do block some.

In fact, most of us likely see different ads from each other.

I am currently seeing a lot of ads about cameras, which is probably because I was doing some searches on photography and researching some camera features today.

This may help to understand how Google determines which ads you will see.
https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057?hl=en

I noticed the same thing Cricket . Places I've visited end up being advertised on small banners . They are very small and don't bother me whatsoever though . I just gotta stay off some of those questionable sites , as I really don't want a date :no:

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
"...as I really don't want a date."
-Rick

What?! Оксана 327 is be waiting by her computer confirm the wedding date(s). Is not fair; brother Павел is very angry with you!!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yeah right. They have been in the drawer with the Makita ,I think they are doing things in there.

Herb
Are you saying, that, you are not watching out for what your children do? Herb, be a better parent!:surprise:

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Don't mind the "off to the side ads" but those that block the text I'm trying to read really p*** me off.
I have not experienced that on this site, so can I get more information, please?

What device are you using to access the site? (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone)

What operating system and browser are you using?

The next time that happens, can you get a screenshot so that we can investigate this?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
I get all that stuff happening also...but ALWAYS when I check I find that I'm no longer logged in (my own issue as I often clear 'History'/cache, or have run CCleaner.
You guys: check your "Welcome------" If you don't see your name you aren't logged in!
Don't assume you are because you didn't log out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
In reading this post I currently see an ad for Home Depot, just below the header and navigation links. Using Win 10 and latest version of Firefox.

Have not seen any off-color ads or otherwise.

The ads at the top of the page don't bother me - I just ignore them and scroll into the body of the posts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts