Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite literally, it appears. :lol:
A schoolmate of mine likes to post on fb about poo (long story. I won't go into details.)
Well, while looking for a pattern to make our daughter a Polar Bear, (a request after she saw the frog I made for our grandson) a pattern for this little guy came up. I immediately thought of my schoolmate, and Ken & I both agreed he had to have it. So, I went to busy and this is the end result. I couldn't find a pattern for the TP, so I had to modify and improvise on that. When he came over he got a huge kick out of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't work in my shop right now so I figured I would use up some yarn and crochet a few things. Here's the frog I did for our grandson. No afghans planned but who knows.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
clean up on what aisle???

What Herb said...

Reactions: OutoftheWoodwork

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
One of the only times when the phrase "that looks like crap" is a compliment.

Interesting project, great execution!
Doug, you are hilarious.

I think Rick was explaining how to do that in great detail awhile back.:surprise::grin::grin::grin:

Herb

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Very good Barb. Happy to see you back and being your creative self.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Hahaha, love it, Barb...

Reactions: OutoftheWoodwork

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, guys. Seems since the beginning of 2016, things around here have been crazy. Ken's mom has had her hip replaced, having taken most of the cancer out of the hip, she's gone through one radiation set, will get chemo (I'm guessing) after her rehab is over to get the other spots, they removed a tumor on her liver, and at the moment, all is going well. She is, of course, having her ups n' downs, but she's getting great care, and I'm optimistic about it all.

In February, we had a nasty wind storm. It blew off a 3x5 foot section of our roof, and upon inspection, we found that the morons who did the roof (so many years ago) didn't remove the cellophane on the back of the shingles, so none of them are stuck down like they should be. We also found a nice rotted wood section and fear there will be more. My insurance agent tells me that a claim will be denied because of faulty construction. I can fight it and win, but not sure I want to. (This was the first incident of that week.) Upon speaking with the people at Lowes, we find out a few days later that while we knew we had vermiculite in our attic, we had no idea what it meant.... hmph... it's a very good chance it came from Libby Montana, and contains asbestos. From there, I did a search on line, where I found that there is a company who is handling all the cases of the poisoning, and got a test kit from them. They sent gloves, plastic bag, container, respirator, and instructions on how to get the sample to send to them to verify, and possibly put in a claim to hopefully assist us with removal of the stuff; at which point we'll have to reinsulate the attic. (I called them and asked what were we supposed to do, being low income, and it's gonna cost a lot of money to call in the guys with the space suites to remove the stuff.) Anyway, the jury is still out on that one. It's been sent, and we're waiting on the results. A couple days later, Ken wanted to change the bulb in our bedroom ceiling fan. The lighting SUCKED, and he/we were trying to improve it. As Ken is removing the globe on the ceiling fan, the top of it breaks, making it impossible to put back in, as it is/was a "screw-in" type of globe... I'm like "nice! Brand new ceiling fans... we've been here less than 5 months... it's busted!" (After I made sure it didn't cut him while he was taking it out.) I get 'hold of the fan company; they proceed to tell me that while they're brand new in the home, they're discontinued fans, and with no back order parts for it, we can't buy a new globe. However: there's a lifetime warranty, I'm assured; take down the fan, and take it to Lowes, and get a new fan. I tell Ken what I was told; and in the same breath, told him not to take it out, that we'll go talk to Lowes first. Good thing I did, as I get told that the lady on the phone obviously didn't know what she was doing, as the warranty only covers the motor, and nothing else... great... another $100 I need to replace the blasted fan! We don't have the money to buy a new fan! And it's not like we can leave it, because it's got some funny base on the light, and the light without the cover is an eye irritant! I was losing it, and losing it fast :lol: At this point, the night manager tells us that we've come at the right time, as that night, they were going to be taking down a lot of the display fans, and being put into red carts, and placed in the middle of the aisle, being priced at $20 a piece, because he didn't want to see them in carts. (I was at Lowes the next morning at 6:15 a.m. with bells on.) We ended up finding one we liked, and I'm still waiting on Ken to get in installed. He took out the old, no problem. Getting him to get the new one in so I have a ceiling light is quite another story :lol: :lol: All this within the span of one week. But, oh well, such is the life of a homeowner. Trying to figure out how to get electricity out to the shed, since the weather will soon be here, ripe for cutting. All this being part of the reasons I've not been around. *sigh* So, there it is... *smh* but, with all the problems, it's still our little house (on/near the lake where we've always wanted) :lol: and I'm not going anywhere.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
All the best for your Mom and you and Ken as well as you fight through the "joys" of home ownership. older homes are tough on the mind set and the pocket book but as you noted, "it is on/near" where you wanted and that makes it all worthwhile. Hang in there, you'll persevere and enjoy.

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Sorry to hear about you misfortunes with the house. Hope your Mom heals ans gets better soon.

So much for home inspections, I went through some similar incidences 3 years ago when I bought this home,even though I had a home inspection prior to closing. there is no end to the excuses and the "Oh we don't cover that" statements.

Herb

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Most home inspections are a joke. Many are done by people that have no real knowledge of construction, electrical or plumbing. They got into it for the money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts