Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not going to do a bit of good for you guys in little or no snow zones. I just wish I could have found something like this when I was a kid, and lived in snow country.
The Ski Sled: 11 Steps (with Pictures)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow! This looks like a fun project, His videos are great, showing all his testing.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is an outstanding project. However, that being said, I think this may be a death ride. Sleds, common sleds were never meant to travel at the rate of speed that is trying to be achieved here. If you are in a mind to make a speed running sled, I believe some protection is needed for the rider. This is a personal Opinion. If the builder is the only one to ever ride this sled, safety and such do not have to be as much of a concern. Once you allow someone else to ride, you become responsible as you have built,modified and changed the original design. You are liable for all kinds of suits and consequences.

Just something to think about. But, hey it looks like a fun project.

·
Registered
Theo
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was a kid the hill I normally rode my sled on was covered with trees. Zipping thru the trees was part of it. Before we moved, in the 7th grade, there was a huge hill close by, and steep, with two quite large boulders at the halfway point . The big kids went to the top of the hill, having to go between the boulders. The rest of us started at the halfway point. I know of only one kid that hit a boulder, and he was more shook up then anything. We all had Flex Fliers I believe they were called, that could steer. The more speed, the more fun.

When I was older, driver license age, a group of us made a regular habit of pulling sleds behind cars on country roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts