Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and hoping i can learn some things about cnc routing. Hoping i can pickup on what is worthwhile owning and what's not. I would be interested in building my own machine with some guidance or pointers to look out for. Been around mechanical things from very early age until i retired from HVAC industry. I have about 1 years worth of AutoCAD training but that was over 20 years ago. I am trainable but need to learn things in a serial fashion.

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum...
When you say, "building my own machine", do you mean CNC?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I have spoke with a few people about buying the components to put together something. The reason for this is because most of the cnc routers i have looked seem to have a limited "Z" axis of just a few inches. I don't want something that is a 4'x4' table, but i would like to be able to router something that is maybe 16"x16"x16". I might be foolish in my wish, but until i know that for sure, why not shoot for what i want. Please understand i don't even know what i don't know yet. I am here to learn. Thanks for asking though

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
@85goldwing , we have a special section just for CNC. Post any questions you have in that section and the experts will be able to assist you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts