Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading posts here for some time now but never introduced myself. I am an automotive technician by trade. I've been doing woodworking on and off for some time. I started with a Shopsmith back in about 1975. I now have most tools needed to make most projects that I am interested in. I work out of a 2 car garage and put both cars in at night.
I am wondering if anyone has plans for a cremation urn as my younger brother passed away last April.
Thanks in advance.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
John
6,891 Posts
Mark,
Greetings old-timer welcome to the router forums,
Basically it's really any box that you enjoyed building make it as fancy or plain as you want just make it big enough to hold the remains . there is really no size restriction provided you're not burying it if you're burying it you must talk to the cemetery they do do have size restrictions. Most remains weight between 5 & 8 lbs you are only burying the bones that have been Ground up, sorry to say the rest goes up the chimney. Go online and look up pictures of urns that have been build you will get a lot of ideas . Hope something you won't need any time soon.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,679 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Hi Mark.

·
Official Greeter
18,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, Mark.

Just a reminder that you do not need 10 posts to upload your photos to the forums. Click the go advanced button and you will find a button that says manage attachments. Select this and you will be able to upload your photos

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Mark. Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

Very sorry for your loss.

As John said, any box that you want to build will do nicely. Check with your funeral service provider and the place of internment for any local restrictions/requirements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the replies. I'll be working on that box this weekend. I've been lurking in the back ground here for some time. I enjoy all the posts that people make and figured it's about time I get more involved myself. I've learned alot just from reading the posts.
Thanks again,
Mark

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Mark! As John stated, build what YOU like annd make it just the size to hold an Urn or just the remains. I was given dimensions for the one I built. The rest was from my own imagination. This is a great chance to do something really special. Choose the wood; choose the hardware; Your own design; choose the finish; do Your magic!! There's room for mistakes. That's how we all got here. I completed a "Box of Mistakes" adding a few ideas to hide the sins. As they say," You are only limited by your imagination"!
http://www.routerforums.com/show-n-tell/44824-few-more-completions.html?highlight=Completions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts