Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was trying to save money and bought a used RE 600 online. When it arrived, an inspection revealed the collet nut was missing. I contacted the seller, but he claims it's an "as is" purchase. I paid $40 for the rounter and the ONLY place online wants $100 for the collet nut! As best as I can determine, it's a M19x1 thread, maaaaayyyybe a M20x1. Does anyone have any information on this nut? Ryobi just ignores me messages.

Scott

·
Official Greeter
Ross
11,166 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scott. I’m sure someone will be along shortly to give some advice.

·
Official Greeter
19,748 Posts
G'day Scott, welcome to the forum.

Sometimes, those old routers make good door stops.....I hope you can find something that may help.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hi Scott,
I have the RE601, I think the only difference is the voltage (we're 220V).
The thread is 1mm pitch, the outer diameter of the threaded part of the motor shaft is 19,75mm, the diameter between the threads (if that makes sense) is 19,33. I do not know how that translates to your measurements.
I also have two large Makitas - the collet is interchangeable between the three, and it also fits the shaft of a smaller 1600 W Ryobi, but not interchangeable. I think all the Japanese machines share the same thread, from 2hp up.
Note that the nut has an integral collet, I doubt if it can be replaced separately - as opposed to the 100WRyobi, where the collet is replaceable, held in place by a clip.
You may find it easier to get a Makita collet/nut combination.
Don't give up on the Ryobi, it has plenty of power, and is a work-horse, if the previous owner has not abused it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
PS Scott, there is a newer replacement model for that router, it takes the same collet/nut. Same model number, but around here the major difference is a 5-year warranty for the new model, as opposed to two years on the old. May be some difference in the motor build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.