Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
what brands of old and what are you talking about in new...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about getting rid of some of the older 690 kits and moving up to newer tooling. Kind of like vehicles. Was told to stay away from the newer stuff as it wasn't as good..I see all the new pretty stuff and got an itch....

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
There was a period on the forum several years ago where we we’re commonly seeing complaints about 690s and 890s. That was around the time that it was just starting to become common knowledge that PC had been bought out. There was discussion here that it appeared that quality had slipped. Stick and I have both had experiences with very cheap, poor quality bearings on our PC tools. I recently had to toss a 1/4 sheet sander because of a $5 (worth maybe $1) plastic part that can no longer be found. We’ve seen very few issues with Bosch, DW, Milwaukee, Makita, and Hitachi.

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I like the rack and pinion height adjustments on the new ones better than the old standard twist and clamp system. Also the soft start feature on the new ones where the router doesn't try to jerk out of your hands on start up,plus the Variable speed feature. Go for the new ones.

Herb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.