Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning out a space I haven't looked at for a very long time, I stumbles across a Bosh 1604 router I purchased new back in 1986? 1987? The router is still in pretty good shape.

It has the original 1/4" collet, but I would like to get my hands on a 1/2" collet. While searching on the net for parts, I can find a reference for the 1604A but not the 1604.

Does anyone know if the model 1604A collets will fit the model 1604?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

David

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Ereplacementparts has the 1/2 collet in stock.

Why not ask them?

I note a number of parts for the 1604a have been discontinued....

Reactions: redrake1944

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James,

Thanks for the help! I followed your link to the woodworkerexpress.com site above, and the collet is not a match. Which answers my original question: does the 1604A collet fit the 1604. In the review comments below in that link, you will see it does not.

Here two replies from the woodworkerexpress.com site:

“This collet will not thread onto the Bosch 1604 router arbor. Interestingly, it fits the Bosch 1604A router.”

and another

“Does not fit a Bosch 1604 router- only the 1604A series.”

I will keep searching...

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, after very carefully going through more of the stuff in the big box where I found the router, I discovered that I already had a 1/2" collet! I even found the two original wrenches. The same collet nut is used for both the 1/4" and the 1/2" collets I now have here.

Below I am attaching to this post two images of the 1/2" collet that fits the Bosch 1604 router (NOT the 1604A). I hope this helps someone in the future know if what they are buying is correct!

Take care all!

Tableware Drinkware Cup Dishware Serveware

Cup Drinkware Body jewelry Serveware Tableware

·
Registered
Retired old fart working with wood
186 Posts
I have the Bosch 1617evs, and the collets are now one piece. There is a 1/2” and a 1/4 included. I love my Bosch router.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts