Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the O'Malley router about a 18 months ago and I like it a lot. Very smooth and powerful. It's not a light weight toy. A little heavy for hand work, but very well adapted for a router table. O'Malley's customer service is very good also. After receiving the router I accidentally broke off the fine tuning knob (my fault) and contacted customer service to get a replacement. They sent me a new one at no charge. Parts are readily available. I own 3 other routers (Dewalt, Craftsman, Marvel) and the O'Malley is the most cost effective of them all.

· Registered
4 Posts
First of all, I am not a router expert by any stretch of the imagination. A question was asked about the O'Malley router and I relayed my personal experience with this machine. To answer your questions, I use this router mainly to cut dadoes in cabinet grade plywood. As I tried to point out before, this is a big powerful router and is best suited for a router table. Mine came with one bushing ( 5/8" ) , two collets (1/2" and 3/8" ) , and an edge guide. I don't think PC bushings would work with the plate that came with the router. I don't know if the mounting holes line up with any of the generic router table plates or not. I personally use blank plates and drill my own holes. I am not trying to sing the praises of O'Malley tools, but only state that in my opinion this router was worth the money I spent on it. Hope this is helpful.

1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.