Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for welcoming a newbie to your site. This is my first post. I am a home handyman with a simple problem concerning kitchen cabinet hardware. I'm looking for a shop-built jig for drilling door handle holes (2-hole) that will work for both doors and drawers. Thanks

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Welcome Ray.

My jigs are super simple. Just use a piece of hardboard or 1/4 ply that's wide enough to reach your drawer center plus 1" (assuming that's where you want the handle). Drill the properly spaced and sized holes. Attach a 3/4" X 3/4" piece at the top for a guide. Measure between the holes to find the center. At the center point, make a small notch at the bottom edge of the hardboard. Use that to locate the center line you've marked on the drawer front. Locate the door handle holes on the same jig.

Quick, simple, and disposable...or not.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Ray
I think Gene has the right idea, I make mine just as he says. Unless you work as an installer, and really, most of those still use shop made jigs. I purchased one of those little green ones from HD, didn't like it at all. It was so thin: the drill could go in at an angle. I use 1/2 Baltic, keeps the drill straight. One of those last for abt 100 doors. don't take 5 minutes to make.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts