Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could not let your comment slip by without retaliation.

Bernie said " Now if we can just get MR. NOLES back on the lathe we would be in hog heaven"

How about a little weedpot on a cold, windy. rainy day in "Hog Heaven" :D :D

Not as grand scale as yours, but I"m working on it my friend. :p

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
That should get Big B off your back Bob...lol. Nice one buddy. I like it. Weed pots are a lot of fun ( note to those that are not familiar with weed pots, they have a hole drilled in them to stick straw flowers in, not to hold your dope :) )

What is the size on this and what is the wood, can't really tell... is that white oak?

Corey

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... I guess a little description would help.

It is made from Beech and stands about 4 inches tall and 3 inches wide at the fatest point. Finished with a satin gel varnish.

Joe, if you put your cursor on the picture and click, it should blow it up much larger.

Nothing like the work of Bernie or Corey, but a fun way to kill an hour in the shop.

·
2,392 Posts
Bob N said:
Thanks guys.... I guess a little description would help.

It is made from Beech and stands about 4 inches tall and 3 inches wide at the fatest point. Finished with a satin gel varnish.

Joe, if you put your cursor on the picture and click, it should blow it up much larger. :D :D :D

Nothing like the work of Bernie or Corey, but a fun way to kill an hour in the shop.
Hi Bob... :)

Yes, I knew how to get a larger pic displayed... :D ...didn't show me how big they were... :D :D LOL

Would you call it a Bud Vase?

I agree with Corey... it's a fine quality piece...

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe,

Yes, they are known as a bud vase as well as a weed pot and maybe even some other names... who knows. Lot of fun to make and use as decor around the house.

Thanks so much for the kind words, they help inspire.

Corey,

Nope.... no turned box yet, I'm trying to go for a flat one though :D ;)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well, well, well, buddy you just had to show me up didn't you. :rolleyes: :) :D

Ya did good my friend. I really like the form and finish. The neck has a nice touch. I really like that one. Keep'em coming.

Bernie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.