Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a very good condition Bosh 1617EVS with 3 collets which 2 are new the other one no scratch's on it Also the 2 original wrinch's the Router looks used very little $70 I guess not to bad a price any way i own it I here the switch's give problums?? This gives me 6 routers so far Just a couple more and i can leve the bit in each Bob say's you cant have to many the other router's porter cable and ryobi the ryobi i leve in the tables for the dovel tail and other one for the pin's that way saves time Dont have to change bits thanks for reading del

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Way to go del schisler you'er my kind of guy :) :)

How about a snapshot or two just to rub it in a bit . :) :)
My goal is to have one router for ever bit I have LOL LOL :)

Bj :)

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Del, Odds are you will not have any problems with the switch. There was a very limited number that were defective, and Bosch stands behind their products; the replacement switch for these units is installed at no charge. If you got a fixed base remove the knobs and it is a dream in a table; the plunge base is best used free hand. Either way I am sure you will be pleased with it's performance.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike said:
Del, Odds are you will not have any problems with the switch. There was a very limited number that were defective, and Bosch stands behind their products; the replacement switch for these units is installed at no charge. If you got a fixed base remove the knobs and it is a dream in a table; the plunge base is best used free hand. Either way I am sure you will be pleased with it's performance.
Mike that is what i done removed the knobs It fit the 11" base plate that i use for the pc690's It is in my router work shop top And looking good Ok on the switch I been in electronic repair for 50 yrs so a little switch doesn't get me to worried May have to get a bigger wrinch tho My friend run's a cabnet shop and sell new Amanna bits He has a few 3/8" I may see what kind of deal i can get the 3/8'' are not the best seller But if the price is right Could make the supply list a little longer Drill some more hole's in the holder Never not enough I like to look at the bit's and think Got to get some more thanks for reading and the post's del I would put a pic or router But the Bosch most all look a like

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Del

Steel Adaptor Bushings
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/adapbush.html

I have the set number #300 and it has all I need,great little set.
Like when you want to use a 1/8" shank bit in a 1/2 collet or when
you have a 3/8" router and you want to use a 1/4" shank bits.
Turn one of the 1/2" OD ones down to 3/8" OD.
OR below
And with just a little rework you can take the item below and can turn it down to 3/8" so you can use 1/2" shank bits in a 3/8" router.
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/router_collet.html

-------------------

del schisler said:
Mike that is what i done removed the knobs It fit the 11" base plate that i use for the pc690's It is in my router work shop top And looking good Ok on the switch I been in electronic repair for 50 yrs so a little switch doesn't get me to worried May have to get a bigger wrinch tho My friend run's a cabnet shop and sell new Amanna bits He has a few 3/8" I may see what kind of deal i can get the 3/8'' are not the best seller But if the price is right Could make the supply list a little longer Drill some more hole's in the holder Never not enough I like to look at the bit's and think Got to get some more thanks for reading and the post's del I would put a pic or router But the Bosch most all look a like

·
Registered
902 Posts
Sorry to say it looks like I beat you by two. I have eight routers in my collection and still dont have enough for all my cutters. :D Listed as follows although you may not have heard of all of them.
De Walt 625E, Hitachi M12V, two Elu MOF 96e's, Freud V2000, De Walt, 615E, Trend T5 and a Power pro 1250. I do have most of them ready set up with cutters for different jobs around the shop. ;)

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Careful Mailee or BJ will show you his new bit rack. He had to build it because all his bits stay installed in the routers. Some people color code their bits but I think BJ brand codes them: PC - straight cutters, DeWalt - cove cutters, Craftsman - rabbeting bits... (I think BJ is just too lazy to change the bits so he buys a new router each time!) :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hey,,,,I don't have that may :)

1______
31 routers,,,on hand not to count the Dremels....I'm sure others have more than I do... :)

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Hey Bj, when you have a certain number of routers (like15 or so). Aren't you required to have a dealers license? LOL

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Dave

I don't know for sure but I think that may be true if you sale over 15 per.year and but I only buy them I don't sale them :) :) :) :)

Dr.Zook said:
Hey Bj, when you have a certain number of routers (like15 or so). Aren't you required to have a dealers license? LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.