Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Seawolf outstanding work on all counts. You must have the patients of a saint. :D Keep it up.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Great work Gary. Love the jet. Fly Navy!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi Gary,

You have done a great job and I like your toy plane, I used to do toys and they can be fun. :)

Great job all around.

John

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Very very nice Gary, tell us all, how were the wood burnings done, they seem too perfect and symmetrical to have been done freehand.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You must have the patients of a saint.

Seawolf outstanding work on all counts. You must have the patients of a saint. :D Keep it up.

No I don't have that much patience. I'm retired and when I don't have yard work etc. I find time for my hobbies be it early morning,middle of the day or at night.
Gary

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woodburnings

Very very nice Gary, tell us all, how were the wood burnings done, they seem too perfect and symmetrical to have been done freehand.
Harry I get the images from Google, resize them on my computer, using blue transfer paper I trace them on wood, mainly birch plywood and begin the labor intensive work of lightly outlining the subject with a woodburning pen. I then fill in the rest of the image using darks and lights to enhance the work. It's just like drawing but on a larger scale. The frames are homemade and the stain on them is a mixture of waterbased varnish and acrylic paint mixed with a little water. I use this method to keep the drying time down to about 10 minutes. Some of my burnings are from photos that I take. There are hundreds of techniques in woodburning. If you want to see more, go to this website. http://www.woodburner.com/index.php

Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts