Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you have seen this postng by Onieda. It looks interesting but I wonder how much it shortens the router bit depth. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Chuck it looks like it would be great for edge trimming molding bits and with the lower drop down piece removed good for surface cutting like dados with a fixed base router. It would work on a plunge base for some cuts but might get in the way for deeper cuts.

A lot of routers have add on dust collection similar to this and there are other attachments like this one Edge Routing Dust Port for Routers | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. I just thought it was a fairly inexpensive solution at $30.00. I felt that was competitive with other solutions. I think if I buy something like this I am going to have to buy some bit extension to reach larger pieces. My concern is the add on parts would make it hard to get any appreciable depth of cut. I am sure there would be a whole new conversation about bit extenders.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Since it doesn't look like something that several routers can share I would look into whatever your router manufacturer makes for your specific router...

The Bosch attachment used for handheld works pheeenominal with my 1617...

A universal third party device that has to be dedicated to a specific router wouldn't suit my typical thinking...gotta be multifunctional...(like Alton Brown's kitchen tools...:))

·
Registered
376 Posts
Colleagues: Is there additional information about the Oneida dust collection accessory?

I have visited the Oneida site several time for more information, but can not find anything.

·
Registered
376 Posts
VChairelli: thanks for that information.

'Gonna' wait and see on this. Am thinking if one removed the orange dust hood, would it work in a router table???

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
VChairelli: thanks for that information.

'Gonna' wait and see on this. Am thinking if one removed the orange dust hood, would it work in a router table???
I can't answer that Ray but the video was posted by Oneida on February 13, 2017, only a couple of days ago and indicates that version is the final prototype. Someone asked the same question in the comments on the video but there was no answer. If you email them, you might get an answer to your question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts