Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am the first to make a post. Makes me feel kind of special ... but I do have a question ... so far I have only used my router to make dadoes/ grooves / rebates (oops rabbets) but I am considering buying a dado blade set for mw DW benchtop (it will spin a 6" set) ... what do people prefer to use? At this stage I am happy with using my router but is the dado set easier/better/harder/worse?

Thanks all
Aaron

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
I have both also I think in my opion that the table saw is easier I have delt 6" stack dado blades and I love them they do a wonderful job. I also tried a 7" wobbler dado blade and for some unknow reason it was hitting the side of the table saw so had no luck with one of them. Of course the saw was unplugged and I was turning it free hand.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,945 Posts
For one or two dados, the router is often easier to set up. For a large number of dados, the saw does a much better job. It has more cutters, usually a larger table surface than most router tables, and a much more powerful motor. However, on some really large or ackward pieces, the router is great because you are moving the tool and not the piece.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
i use a 8" dado setup, i think its a 608 frued on my dewalt 746x t/s and it does a fine job but i find for the smaller dados iam useing the router table. the dado blade seems best on the larger projects.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like an excuse to buy more woodworking toys to me!! Cooooool

Thanks all for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.