Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PC 7529 plunge router that I don't use often. I'm thinking of permanently mounting it in my router table instead of constantly swapping my Bosch 1617 in and out of the table. Besides, the Bosch fixed table base is a PITA to use. Router lift kits are typically expensive but the RouterRaizer 100 is less than $100 and seems to get pretty good reviews. Does anyone here have any experience with one?

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Yes I own one never had a problem with, I bought it a long time ago when there where not all the fancy high price lifts to choice from, pretty simple to install and use for the price works great.

Reactions: 163481

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
From a brief Community Search for Razer:
http://www.routerforums.com/table-mounted-routing/6926-router-raizer.html
Post #20- http://www.routerforums.com/table-mounted-routing/53113-above-table-lifting-2.html

Also member mgmine (Art) recommended them several times and I believe it was Canuck Gal (Deb) that also used to recommend them. According to what I saw you need to verify that they fit your specific router. Art said that the company's customer service was excellent so if in doubt give them a call.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
It attaches to the router Chuck so if you want to leave your plate floating in its recess like I do then you can pull the router out of the table when you want to change bits.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
You will like the power of the PC in the table. I have both, the PC in a jessem lift and the Bosch 1617 in a Rockler lift.
On the PC it was a 3 speed router and the lift hampered changing speeds,so I set the motor on high speed and then installed a speed control on the front of the table to reduce the speed, and seems to work fine.

When I had the Bosch 1617 mounted in the table with its' fixed base, it worked fine as far as raising and lowering from the top with a hex key "T" wrench, but still had to reach under the table to lock and unlock the base which was a chore. That is one reason I put a router base on instead. I mounted a speed control on the front for the Bosch too. Seems like I dial in speeds for every bit I use, I can tell by the sound the right speed for each bit.
I converted both to Muscle Chucks as they are easier to change bits. other wise both routers take an offset wrench and a straight wrench, and sometimes a 3rd hand to hold the bit while tightening.

Herb

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have one installed on a Ryobi RE600 That I have been using for several years and it works great. As previously mentioned it was easy to install, and I have had no problems with it. I feel it is a great value compared to a router lift.

Regards Bob

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry for the delayed answer. Actually I was wrong on my router, I have the 7539 so I don't have the locking button, only two nuts to tighten the collet.
I have the same 7539 that I bought before the 7518 was available and I couldn't justify spending the money or a new 7518. I used a bit extender and found that the travel was too short to lower bit into the table so I used longer mounting screws and 1" spacers mine is also mounted on a Incra Plate. Beyond that it works great for me.:smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.