Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi; My name is Mike, I live in Burbank Ca. I came out here 40yrs ago to do a little skydiving & never went back! I am retiring now after doing the general contractor thing for the last 30yrs.Still work every day, but I can start as many projects as I want & not finish any of them. Iam a scater brain (ADDT or what ever ya call it)
I am a carpenter by trade with a shop at home.aprox 20X20 10"uni-saw,12"radial saw cut-off only,Blumb Mini-Press w/7spindle,5 routers(hate to change setups) 2bandsaws, thickness planner ( cheap Dewalt ) 12" disk sander 2 drill press, 3welders, Metal band saw, cut off saw, Bosch table saw portable 12" Makita chop saw Port. What the heck! I have alot of crap. Also have 2 -2 car garages. Try to keep my shop for wood only! I built a 4 unit apt 20yrs ago I live in one unit, have 2 tenants & my shop is the 4th. My plan was to have my shop only temp till I built a house for my wife & 6 kids. Only have 2 kids at home yet. Too expensive to build a house in town close to the kids.
Sorry about the rambling! To get to the point, I bought a Vintage Boice.Crane Gap-bed lathe 17 1/2" over gap 12" over bed, 48" live center tail stock & a face plate The only bummer about it is the 1/2hp motor. Here is where the plot thickens.
Honey! think iam going to get that tread mill out of the closet so you have more room to hang all the new clothes me and the kids get you for christmas. When the last we used it? Oh Mike !! you are such a tool !!!
I have a 2 1/2hp DC motor I would like to mount on my lathe. Makes alot of sense to me. Like to learn the ins & outs of doing this. I am a 1 finger typer,over&out!

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Mike,

welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Mike and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Welcome Mike! You sound like a thinking Man To Me. Great idea. Have You checked out RPM, and all that type of thing, Sounds like a winner. Now You can work with the tread and maybe figure out s good wide belt sander setup? ? Ride on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts