Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several damaged frames laying around the studio, and in the past I would mount a print than paint out on to the frame. the result was a bit outside the square box of the frame and they are popular at our gallery.

I wanted to do the same thing with some carvings. these are just off the CNC table, so as of yet not cleaned up or ready to mount, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you are in a class all it's own...

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Make something out of all of it. Someone somewhere will like it down the line. Some of the most popular things have been made from scraps and oopsies.

Good thinking. It reminds me of the Xmas moose and the R.

You have a gallery and a studio -- all I got is a basement. lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Wow ! Scott,
I like all three and I know I am Canadian, but that Eagle is something else. I have a collection of Eagles from small figurines to large brass and acrylic sculptures. I also have only one tattoo and of course it's an Eagle on my right bicep.
I would like to know the price for the Eagle. I have never been interested in a CNC before seeing your work, but you are making it very tempting.

Dan

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
I like art that projects outside the frame and occasionally use it in a promotional image. Really nice. While I find some CNC projects interesting, the one I buy will come with divorce papers.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow ! Scott,
I like all three and I know I am Canadian, but that Eagle is something else. I have a collection of Eagles from small figurines to large brass and acrylic sculptures. I also have only one tattoo and of course it's an Eagle on my right bicep.
I would like to know the price for the Eagle. I have never been interested in a CNC before seeing your work, but you are making it very tempting.

Dan
its ok for Canadians to like Eagles Dan, I checked with Justin T. I went to college in Calgary, what part are you from?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I have several damaged frames laying around the studio, and in the past I would mount a print than paint out on to the frame. the result was a bit outside the square box of the frame and they are popular at our gallery.

I wanted to do the same thing with some carvings. these are just off the CNC table, so as of yet not cleaned up or ready to mount, but you get the idea.
Fantastic work Scott. I don't see how you do it. Keep posting pictures and I will keep looking at them.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Good use of those old damaged frames. Sure was convenient that they were damaged right where your carvings would cover up the damage. :grin:

And I guess you are going to paint these and take them over the top.

·
Registered
882 Posts
We had an art teacher who had two signature concepts in all of his works: 1) his paintings always ran outside of his proscribed edges (ex: a boy chasing a rabbit - rabbit was running away outside the main picture); 2) he always had a very difficult-to-find empty whiskey bottle laying in the picture - a reminder of what whiskey had done to the American Indian - the artist was Cherokee. The effect was "sobering" and very thought provoking. I love your work; and, of course, these bring great memories of E.G. Thompson.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Scott,

I know it's ok to like Eagles but I think I like ''BEAVER'' too LOL
I am about 40 minutes west of Montreal near the Ontario border. One of these days I hope to make it to Alaska, but then I might not want to come back.

Dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts