Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reinstating a Mini Max 600 overhead pin router and await some small spares to allow testing. I intend using it initially for open ended and closed slotting in a variety of wood sections. I hope to simply clamp a wooden plate fence to the table in the absence of info on alternative adjustable fence arrangement. Any suggestions on this simple use would be appreciated. I don't think the use of the copying pin will be necessary for this work. In any event it seems to be damaged in previous use and I intend renewing it. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi Tom and welcome

Very few pin routere ever had a fence supplied. I know that manufacturers use to offer them, but TBH most pin routers get used for template work so a fence is often superfluous. I've owned a few pin routers in the past (mainly Wadkin), like this one:

and my approach to having a fence has been simply to get an appropriate straight piece of timber and to clamp it in place with a couple of G-clamps. Where a lot of pieces needed to be done and the fence had to be mounted for quite some time I have resorted to mounting the fence using any available holes already in the bed of the machine, but that was a rare occurrence

BTW Would I be right in thinking that your pin router was similar to this Samco one?

The Samco name is still used in some parts of Europe, whilst in other places SCM used the MiniMax name - both are now changing into Technomax. In most markets machines made by one firm was sold badged by the other

Regards

Phil

Reactions: TwoSkies57

·
Official Greeter
19,763 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tom.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
While not a production machine like the ones Phil posted this $50 pin router from MLCS uses the same concepts upside down.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys fo the welcome. Yes Phil mine is clearly a later version of your image. I have seen an image with a simple clamped wooden fence that I will use initially. I'll let you know how I progress when the spares arrive. I will also do a profile upgrade for info.
Meantime Happy Easter to all.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
I will 2nd your post Mike,I have one and you talk about putting " I intend using it initially for open ended and closed slotting in a variety of wood sections" the MLCS fixture makes a snap to do that and for a song,if you have a router table it's all done so to speak..but I do have a power lift that makes it very easy..

===

While not a production machine like the ones Phil posted this $50 pin router from MLCS uses the same concepts upside down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.