Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Do you mean a router analogue of the radial arm saw or routers that operate above the workpiece, for example router skiing or pin routers or something like the youtube video I am going to try to embed?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
As Tom said there are router sleds and router skis, both of which can be searched on this forum. One member attached a right angle bracket onto a radial arm saw and if I ever see a cheap radial arm drill for sale I'm going to snag it and try using it for one. There are also horizontal mounted routers and they have their own advantages in that position. Mark Sternberg I think it was also made a multi positional design which you might find on this forum (the post is a few years old) but it might be on youtube too.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
it's a great tool if you're making a number of one item, it takes a while to build a good pattern and it's important that you have a good pattern.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
shopsmith

Hi,
I'm looking for overhead router plans.
Thanks
This the one I have older shopsmith router with a pin router attachment,
do not use it much since I build a new router table

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
John, Is it for sale ?
I would sell it, just taking up space but if you live too far away it probably cost a fortune to ship it if you were able to pick it up probably wouldn't be a bad deal I have no idea what it's worth make me a fair offer I'd sell it

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hi, Tom.

Very interesting. Maybe I´ll copy that for my wood milling machine. Thanks for posting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts