Router Forums banner

Ozito Router Table Fence

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  imguy 
#1 ·
Good evening kind people. I have just entered the world of routers. I am a COMPLETE newbie..my old man is pretty useful but I cant bug him all the time. He used to run the shop at the association for the blind - so I reckon he is a hero.

Anyway, I picked up a cheap Ozito router table to just cut my teeth and to use my also cheap ozito router - I know it wont last long - but actually it seems OK except the fence which is clearly awful. There is that much stuff for wood to get caught on, so it has to go.

Has anyone built their own and replaced it on the table...I cant imagine it being difficult. Would it just be some hardwood with supports, and slots to use the feather-boards that came with it and slots to move it back and forth?

Is there any safety issue not having the swing away guard if I go that way?

I will also go and fill out my profile. I basically have a Triton 2000 and Triton saw, a bunch of cheapish tools that I am slowly upgrading and a real desire to learn. I nearly cut off my finger using a circular saw last year, it hurt a lot and it got infected. So I feel VERY anxious now but in a way its a blessing - I check safety every time I go near anything that you can turn on now so I suppose as long as the fear doesn't make me make another mistake, its healthy!

Appreciate this wonderful forum.

Andrew - Perth Australia.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks all. I made a neat little wooden fence with a dust collector and hooked it up to a Power Take off vacuum and I think it will do for a bit. It seems to be much easier to use than all the plastic bits which were causing me grief on hang ups. I made a dust box using a wooden box and a caravan water inlet with sealing tape which was the perfect vacuum adaptor size.

I do have a Triton 2000 and a Triton Saw with that, and my drill press, so I guess I am on my way. I will look up the others suggested and make a plan to upgrade when I have done a few more cuts!

Thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.