Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for a complete new control board for my bPacer. Because it used to run on my Windows 95 computer, but now the computer has died. Can anyone tell me where I can get a retro fit board. Pat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello, I am looking for a complete new control board for my bPacer. Because it used to run on my Windows 95 computer, but now the computer has died. Can anyone tell me where I can get a retro fit board. Pat.
You should realize this is a wood working site. The routers normally discussed are wood routers. Your question sounds more like an IT issue. Many of the members on this site are also very knowledge about IT and you may get some responses. This is a very friendly site and the members are most courteous and intelligent.

Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you should consider adding wood working to your areas of interest (assuming you are not currently interested in wood working).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry Pat my error. Clearly your request is wood working related. Measure twice....cut???? I will try to do better next time. Hope you find an answer. I tried some research but no luck. You have a great day.

·
Official Greeter
19,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pat

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to buy a refurbished computer that is running Windows 95 or earlier so it will still be able to run your CNC control software. This would probably be the best and cheapest way to go.

Another choice would be to buy a new control box running a newer CNC controller. You would have to make sure the stepper motors are compatible with the drivers in the new controller. Still need a new computer.

A third choice would be to build a new controller yourself. Still need a new computer.

You could also convert it to run on an Arduino controller.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to buy a refurbished computer that is running Windows 95 or earlier so it will still be able to run your CNC control software. This would probably be the best and cheapest way to go.

Another choice would be to buy a new control box running a newer CNC controller. You would have to make sure the stepper motors are compatible with the drivers in the new controller. Still need a new computer.

A third choice would be to build a new controller yourself. Still need a new computer.

You could also convert it to run on an Arduino controller.
Or you can change over to a MASSO G3, no computer required!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts