Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was just getting deep thoughts and was thinking about what I should finish the wood of my router table with. I'm still trying to decide if I should paint the table or put 3 coats of poly on it. Hmmm... I figure maybe I should ask the helpful folks here at the routerforums.com. Well, what do you think? Paint it or poly it? If paint, what color? Please don't say pink or red! :D :D :D I'm not in a rush to do this next project but sometime in the future. Thanks! Have fun and be safe! God Bless!

Boricua

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi: I just finished the bottom section of my router table with 3 coats of water based poly. I have the Oak Park table but I build a cabinet under it. I used the poly because it allowed me to put 3 coats on in the same day, and if it gets dinged it's
easy to fix . Woodnut65

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Boricua, perhaps you may want to finish your router table to compliment your table saw or other shop equipment? For a more uniform look? Keep in mind that Minwax makes colored stains. No reason to hide the wood grain. Perhaps you are looking to try out a different type of finish such as milk paint? Just some thoughts. Nice job on the table.

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies everyone. It was fun and interesting reading some of your answers. Of course I chuckled reading some of the funny ones. :D :D :D I think I'll go with the pink and red like Kevin said, no just kidding (of course)! :D :D :D Well, I'll keep my thinking cap on and go from there. Have fun guys! Later...

Boricua

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.